I like film...(open thread)

Doc Henry

Crossover
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
ADOX Color Implosion

Analog alchemy, the painting is on the wall.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

vor 6 Stunden schrieb A miller:

An interview regarding my NYC snow blizzard project has been published on The Phoblographer website.  In many ways, it is a homage to film, and this thread!  Have a look!! :)

Hello Adam,

congratulations, great interview. I hope, they didnt´t take much of your time. Last year the television asked me for a short report. Indeed they needed 7 hours 😁. Best Dietmar

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Matisse said:

Hello Adam,

congratulations, great interview. I hope, they didnt´t take much of your time. Last year the television asked me for a short report. Indeed they needed 7 hours 😁. Best Dietmar

Thanks very much, Dietmar.  It wasn't really that bad.  Dan came up with the questions.  I sent back written responses.  We then had a couple of chats.  He ultimately added some of his own take on our dialogue around what I wrote.  It was fairly painless!

25 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Agfa Clack, Portra 160. Mildly cropped but otherwise just as it came out of the soup. Final burn-off of morning mist.

Very nice, Wayne.  Is that mist on the ground.  Looks nice!

51 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Crossover
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
ADOX Color Implosion

Analog alchemy, the painting is on the wall.

very nice, Rog.  Only film that do those colors in such a natural way.  I was wondering what that was on the wall.  The whole thing looks like a play on light leaks :)

21 hours ago, A miller said:

This is a very interesting one, Rog.  My very first impression was a sea shell in the center of that car.  And then a piece from a slot machine that somehow got lodged into the car's grill.  Very strange!  A great visual!

Good guess on this little "landmark," so to speak, in Hanapepe, Kauai. It's actually a gas pump. I GOOFED on DOF.  I don't have any history on it, but I think I'll run it down next month. Flames at the pump?

Hanapepe Pump Diptych
M-A APO-Summicron-M 50mm
Portra 400

Edited by Ernest
added
  • Like 15

3 minutes ago, A miller said:

Very nice, Wayne.  Is that mist on the ground.  Looks nice!

Yes. The very last traces of mist. Congratulations on your interview. It does you credit.

I have had the Clack, loaded, under the truck seat for a few months. It is pretty much the same idea as a Lomo camera, but of better quality...... By an order of magnitude.

Best,

Wayne

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, A miller said:

very nice, Rog.  Only film that do those colors in such a natural way.  I was wondering what that was on the wall.  The whole thing looks like a play on light leaks :)

Light leaks? Absolutely, only in analog + ADOX. Grain +. I wonder who turned me on to ADOX? The painting is actually a Vija Celmins drawing print (Lincoln Center) in my bathroom. You never know what is going to turn up just cranking off a few shots before heading to Starbucks.

BTW

The Blizzard Bureau has been understandably getting complaints about some bloke in a Fedora "slipping and sliding" with a camera through unsuspecting crowds on the street! It's just the same thing over and over again. So repetitive! So, what can I confess, so awesome, awesome, and (for want of another word) AWESOME? What an insightful and inspiring interview! So detailed and direct. I don't get one thing, however; do you get many stares wearing that Norwegian ski patrol white camo with a dark brown Fedora?

Good show,
Rog

Edited by Ernest
add
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Yes. The very last traces of mist. Congratulations on your interview. It does you credit.

I have had the Clack, loaded, under the truck seat for a few months. It is pretty much the same idea as a Lomo camera, but of better quality...... By an order of magnitude.

Best,

Wayne

Wow that Clack seems like a really interesting camera.  A compact 6x9 with an intelligent way to get sharp images with a curved placement of the film plane.   Looks like a lot of fun to shoot!! 

35 minutes ago, Ernest said:

Light leaks? Absolutely, only in analog + ADOX. Grain +. I wonder who turned me on to ADOX? The painting is actually a Vija Celmins drawing print (Lincoln Center) in my bathroom. You never know what is going to turn up just cranking off a few shots before heading to Starbucks.

BTW

The Blizzard Bureau has been understandably getting complaints about some bloke in a Fedora "slipping and sliding" with a camera through unsuspecting crowds on the street! It's just the same thing over and over again. So repetitive! So, what can I confess, so awesome, awesome, and (for want of another word) AWESOME? What an insightful and inspiring interview! So detailed and direct. I don't get one thing, however; do you get many stares wearing that Norwegian ski patrol white camo with a dark brown Fedora?

Good show,
Rog

Well, it’s very creative, Rog.  And I am impresses that you are not suffering from any shortages of the Adox.  Do let me know when you do...

With regard to that bloke, i just don’t get the logic of wearing a fedora in a blizzard in which there is no sun and thus no shadows!!!   If this is true then I understand the complaints!! :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A miller said:

Wow that Clack seems like a really interesting camera.  A compact 6x9 with an intelligent way to get sharp images with a curved placement of the film plane.   Looks like a lot of fun to shoot!! 

And it was my very first camera (when I was at school), where it is now I cannot fathom, but I loved it, even had a filter or two that could be slipped across for B&W.

Should find another.

Gary

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A miller said:

I am an idiot. Mine is an Agfa Click II.........Click, Clack.

It weighs about as much as a roll of toilet paper, maybe a bit less. Mine is a 6x6 (12 exposures.) It even handles Sun well. I think I paid $24.00 for this one. That is morning mist.

OBTW, it is reloaded and back under the truck seat. :) Ain't film GREAT!

Old chemistry.

Edited by Wayne
  • Like 17