in a moment of desire

taosantamonica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

JBL- congrats on you Leica MM. I finally got called from a dealer and put my order. It is being shipped. I had a chance in early December but turned it down. At that time I felt that I was not ready - concerned of buyer's remorse. But finally I caved in and called around until I found a dealer that seems to have luck in getting the stock. I do have M9-P and thought I would be just using it instead of the MM, but I converted most of my photographs to B&W. I use Leica M6 and developed and printed my images in the past.

I am very excited. I hope the resolution and high ISO capabilities worth the purchase- despite those outdated LCD and buffer.

Are you keeping your M9?

How's the progress on ISO 10000 problem?

riko

Edited by rikoreverie

JBL- congrats on you Leica MM. I finally got called from a dealer and put my order. It is being shipped. I had a chance in early December but turned it down. At that time I felt that I was not ready - concerned of buyer's remorse. But finally I caved in and called around until I found a dealer that seems to have luck in getting the stock. I do have M9-P and thought I would be just using it instead of the MM, but I converted most of my photographs to B&W. I use Leica M6 and developed and printed my images in the past.

I am very excited. I hope the resolution and high ISO capabilities worth the purchase- despite those outdated LCD and buffer.

Are you keeping your M9?

How's the progress on ISO 10000 problem?

riko

Hi Riko,

I'm blown away by the resolution and tonality of the MM. The files are, in a word, gorgeous. I'm keeping the M9, I don't see any reason not to, but the MM is a very special camera.

The ISO 10000 problem has been sent on to people in Germany, no word yet, but I'd guess it's a defective sensor.

Enjoy the MM!

-jbl