Kensal Green Cemetery London

cocker

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If my clients knew some of the places I visited in my time off they might be a bit allarmed!! Some free time in London this week and I went to Kensal Green Cemetery ( The Friends of Kensal Green Cemetery ) One of the old Victorian London Cemeteries. Not as well known as Highgate but, in my view, more interesting to visit as it is much less "tidied up" and you are free to roam rather than surrounded with Health and Safety notices and restricted to paths and certain areas as you are at Highgate.

I resisted the temptation to convert to black and white as the weather was fine and the morning light was beautiful.

All M8 with 35 lux, Tri Elmar and CV 21

Hi Keath , like you I always visit cemetarys when possible . A calming influence the small collection you have here is truly outstanding. Reminding us of tempory existance on earth.

Here is one I came across , a single grave in the rainforest south western Tasmania. This headstone is actually local timber Huon Pine.

Taken with M6 35mm Summicron asph Astia

The inscription is :

gone from our hearts

how deeply we miss him

loving dear father

thy memory we keep

never till lifes end

shall we ever forget thee

dear to our heart

is the place of thy sleep

Keith -

A lovely series, and with that light I'm glad you chose color. All terrific, but for me #1 stands out for its colors, light, shadows, angles, geometry and depth. We have frequently visited old cemetaries, too, on six continents now that I think of it.