What are X-1 users processing with?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

HI! I bought my X-1 about 2 months ago and I am in love. The quality is superb. But< i really haven't had much time to fiddle around the the digital processing part which is the next step for me.

Are you using the Adobe Lightwave that comes with the camera, or Aperture or Photoshop or just what for processing/enhancing/retouching, etc? There are so many programs out there. I'm ready to sink my teeth into a program and master it but would love some advice on what's the best one to use. I plan on ultimately using my photos for a coffee table book that i've got it the works.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi, well I have PSE6 - LR I found that they both have a learning curve..take an image and spend a little time editing it each PP application.. You choose what you like.. After that stick with the App you like..it is a continuous learning curve..

Image:- X1 (today) Processed in PSE6 (unsharp mask & lighting):cool:

I have Aperture, Lightroom and Photoshop Elements latest version I prefer Aperture, at the moment because I have all my images in Apertures library.

I don't bother with Raw, life's too short!

Allan

I already had LR3 before buying x1, as consequence my choice is to process the files with LR3 + CS3 when necessary. All PP softwares have a learning curve, my suggestion is to choice one after some preliminary trials (free download the test version) and stick with it. With the time you'll know it better and better.

robert

cool. thanks. i've considered Lightroom and Aperture. Aperture seems more Mac friendly so i might go with that.

thanks,

mike

Although Aperture is an Apple programme, LR3 is perfectly Mac friendly and IMO has the edge, particularly as an asset management tool. YMMV but get a free trial of both and make up your own mind!