New Epson?

sm23221

Considering that Nikon stopped making scanners and there does not seem to be a huge market for it I would not hold my breath (or the same could happen as with the Nikons, as soon as it became clear that production stopped, 2nd hand prices went up like asph summiluxes after the Puts review)

There is a new scanner labeled under the Reflecta brand scheduled for summer this year.

It's fact sheet though seems mixed, slated clearly under the discontinued Nikon 9000 CS, taking 135 and 120 film, but only with a maximum optical resolution of 3200ppi.

The kicker is the rumored price: ~1500 EUR.

At such a price, any old EPSON 700 looks a lot more promising.

The market offerings get thinner and thinner for high end consumer scanners.

What is left is a handful of flatbeds and some newer dedicated consumer products (135 film scanners).

There is a new scanner labeled under the Reflecta brand scheduled for summer this year.

It's fact sheet though seems mixed, slated clearly under the discontinued Nikon 9000 CS, taking 135 and 120 film, but only with a maximum optical resolution of 3200ppi.

From the results I got from a Super COOLSCAN 9000 ED, 3200 is really the maximum one ever gets - and sometimes I think 3200 is a misrepresentation, and 4000 is a marketing hype unless your target film is a super high contrast pure black&white line chart.

Edited by pico