For all S2 user

pum pum

Advertisement (gone after registration)

...I can confirm that the trade-in program is still in effect. If you purchase a non-CS lens today, you will just have to pay the difference in price when the CS lenses are released. In other words, no reason to wait.

Hope this helps.

David

David Farkas clarified earlier in this thread the CS trade in program is still in effect so I wouldn't worry about it. David is in frequent contact with Leica and I am confident in his knowledge about this program.

David Farkas clarified earlier in this thread the CS trade in program is still in effect so I wouldn't worry about it. David is in frequent contact with Leica and I am confident in his knowledge about this program.

Okay, that's good! If anyone would know the real story, David would.

Question is ... do you have to go through all the rigamarole to take advantage of it ... certificates and all that? Or do you just inform your dealer and when the CS version is out just order the replacement?

Thanks,

-Marc

yes i believe i can take the words from david farkas if i can buy the lens from him.

For me the problem is my local dealer said that trade-in policy is not valid after 20 september 2010??? even if i argue with my local dealer about this matter, my local dealer still won't accept any trade-in?? no good for me to push this matter.

i think it's depend on your local dealer where you bought your lens, if they said they can trade for the CS lens later so it'll be fine.

Not for my situation i guess.....

i don't want any trouble with this trade-in policy if my local dealer won't accept it.

even if leica said can but if my local dealer said cannot, what can i do???

later if the CS lens come, my local dealer won't give it to me for trade-in i guess??? cause it'll be better for them to sell it than trade it, don't you think??

even if the CS lens available soon, i don't think it'll be many of it, still in small quantities.

who will guarantee that the trade-in will be priorities??? i think the local dealer will have the power to choose for whom it will be and i bet they will sell it rather than trade it.

just a thought from me......

yes i believe i can take the words from david farkas if i can buy the lens from him.

For me the problem is my local dealer said that trade-in policy is not valid after 20 september 2010??? even if i argue with my local dealer about this matter, my local dealer still won't accept any trade-in?? no good for me to push this matter.

i think it's depend on your local dealer where you bought your lens, if they said they can trade for the CS lens later so it'll be fine.

i don't want any trouble with this trade-in policy if my local dealer won't accept it.

later if the CS lens come, my local dealer won't give it to me for trade-in i guess??? cause it'll be better for them to sell it than trade it, don't you think??

even if the CS lens available soon, i don't think it'll be many of it, still in small quantities.

who will guarantee that the trade-in will be priorities??? i think the local dealer will have the power to choose for whom it will be and i bet they will sell it rather than trade it.

If I were you I would contact Leica directly and ask for a written answer. If Leica states its possible I do not see how your local dealer could hesistate. If he still does I would ask Leica to put some pressure on him or ask them for direct exchange.

I would probably even first just call Leica.

Change dealers. It is your money, not theirs. Leica controls policy, not the dealers.

-Marc