Telyt 4/200 and Bellows II

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just bought a nice Telyt 4/200 mm (1963) to use on my Visoflex III with the Oubio adapter. How can I use the lens head on the Bellows II? Does the adapter ring 14020 suffice for this as well, or is that ring only for close up work with the Telyt directly on the Visoflex (with Oubio).

Thanks for any advice! To Viso and Bellows I am rather new and fascinated by the use of them.

Lex

Yes, it's right, is the same ring : 16598 is quoted by Leitz (1964 catalog, for instance,see under) to accept lens heads of Summicron 90, Tele Elmarit 135 and Telyt 200.

14020 is of course easier to manage, it's simply an extension ring to have the (complete) Telyt 200 on Visoflex, focused by its own helicoid to a minimum of 176 cm (not a strong macro... I think around 16x24 cm)

Indeed, one could mount any 39x1 screw lens in front of a Bellows II via adapter 16590, and Telyt 200 has a 39x1 thread... but can be that there is some interference with the barrel... the 16590 was made to mount the compact SM lenses of 35/50mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by luigi bertolotti
added pic

Zeitz and Luigi, thank you very much. It is fascinating to enter the world of Visoflex, but it is not very easy to find my way with all the adapters and rings. I just found an article in Viewfinder where Dick Gilcreast mentions the same adapter 16598. I am anxious to get it and to use it! Luigi, could you send me that scheme in a larger format? It looks very handy.

Thanks, Lex

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Zeitz and Luigi, thank you very much. It is fascinating to enter the world of Visoflex, but it is not very easy to find my way with all the adapters and rings. I just found an article in Viewfinder where Dick Gilcreast mentions the same adapter 16598. I am anxious to get it and to use it! Luigi, could you send me that scheme in a larger format? It looks very handy.

Thanks, Lex

The best jpg I can achieve from scanning... :o... find the reprint of a manual or price list of the '60s... Visoflex / Bellows & C. is a fascinating word of infinite possibilities..:)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks very much, Luigi. Friday I have to go to Rome for three weeks for work and I like that a lot. But it also means I will have to postpone the first attempts with the Telyt 4/200.

My M6 TTL and some other lenses will keep me company on that trip though.