Leica SF 24D Manual? pdf?

RobertW

Dear Robert

the email is on the way to you. I hope, the instructions answer all your questions. If not, please don't hesitate to ask for further informations.

Best regards

Wolfgang

I should have copyrighted it.

Wilson ;-}}

A hint from Strobist ( a must visit for flash) is to use a cheap (now discontinued so e-bay) Nikon SC17 cord to use the flash TTL off camera (the new replacement cords are slightly longer and MUCH more expensive).

The current SC19 will also work just fine, I'm told.

The old man from the Age of Flashpowder

The current SC19 will also work just fine, I'm told.

The old man from the Age of Flashpowder

It does, but as I said is more expensive (much) and a bit longer but my arms don't need the extra length. Still can't find the pdf requested anywhere but as was stated when the thread was fresh it's not much help if the M8 is the camera in use as that wasn't around then and the M8 manual covers it. Having said that I never did get my head around any of the functions and when needed just use it on manual.

The man from the age of guide numbers :)

Kalina,

It was actually good for me that you needed the manual.

It prompted me to ask Wolfgang (in Germany) for another copy of it, since the first one he sent me last year got lost when I had hardware problems last year.

Much thanks to Wolfgang, again.

And Kalina when you figure out what the manual "means", you can give us a lesson on TTL, Auto, etc. :p

I found it a bit confusing, but then I'm not the brightest bulb in the house....

Best Rob

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone -

Hate to bring up an old thread and ask for help, but I'm buying a used SF24D and I don't believe the seller has the manual available. I want to use it for a wedding I'm going on Saturday, so I have do a crash course on getting use to the flash in less than a day!

I'd really, really appreciate it if someone has the kind heart of emailing me a pdf copy of the SF24D manual.

Thanks so much and sorry to be a hassle,

Carl

As a new user of an M8.2 and having purchased the 24D flash I would be so grateful if someone could send me a copy of the manual. lckjojo@aol.com I tried to use it at a party and did not understand why I was only getting 30sec speed, I put the flash to TTL and the aperture to f8? Really appreciate all the helpful postings. Thanks Jo

Since this manual is so useful to everyone, could a copy of it be included somewhere on this site or is Leica going to be really mad about that?

I PM'd one of the moderators yesterday, asking if, subject to Leica agreeing copyright issues and conditions, we could have a manuals section on the forum. Between the membership, we probably have copies of most manuals going back to 1924. For example, I have model II and IIF manuals but I would like to get a copy of an M4 manual, as mine has gone walkabout. I have even volunteered over the winter, to convert/combine groups of JPEG pictures into booklet PDF's, as I have Acrobat Pro.

Wilson