anyone bought SL in 2017?

leica1215

I am hoping that Leica is "focusing" on M10 production. Should not matter when your SL is built as the warranty is good when you register it. Years ago I bought a Leica Televid which was several years old. "New Old Stock" I called Leica and they said, yep your warranty is still good as if it were new today.

Well, it depends on how you look at it, if down the road you find you want to resale it , then get depreciated a bit more, when you buy new you would like to get " as fresh as possible" isn't it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will buy one next month, so if I can find one make in 2017, I will be much more happy!

Always the freshest is the best in my opinion too.

Edited by Lins-Barroso
  • Like 1

I just got one, refurbished or something but with a Leica warranty restricted to one year, 4966...,  Manufacture date listed at 10/2016.  The interesting thing to me is that the level indication display is different from the SL's that were delivered back in 2015.  The new one has a "bull's eye" circle around the center of rotation, helping you to pick up the small red mark that indicates pitch, and also helping to put the joystick's focus make back in the center.  The early ones didn't have that bullseye.

scott

• Like 1

I just got one, refurbished or something but with a Leica warranty restricted to one year, 4966...,  Manufacture date listed at 10/2016.  The interesting thing to me is that the level indication display is different from the SL's that were delivered back in 2015.  The new one has a "bull's eye" circle around the center of rotation, helping you to pick up the small red mark that indicates pitch, and also helping to put the joystick's focus make back in the center.  The early ones didn't have that bullseye.

scott

The bullseye indicates that you use spot metering.

a friend of mine want it to buy the SL,  anyone bought the SL manufactured in 2017? he looked around they are all from 2016.

wondering if Leica start to make SL in 2017 yet?  if you can share first few digit of the serial number is appreciated..

Thanks

As far as I know, Leica assemble cameras and lenses by batches. They may have enough SL built in 2016 in stock for sometimes.

Edited by Leicaiste

Would you mind indicate the first few digit of your lens serial # ? So I can get indication,thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

499xxxxx

also, Leica warranty your equipment the moment you fill out the registration on the warranty card. Unlike Canon using the date code to determine the age of it, and people will lowball you for it. Leica price ALWAYS keeps it value. Don't worry much man.

Edited by AlexP

I am just curios, how can you find out the build date over the serial Number? My SL has the 499312* number !?

:-)  

Only Leica can tell you this.

Serial numbers are/were allocated in batches .......... say 500 to the M10, then 1000 to the next lot of SL's etc etc. The parts with the serial numbers used to be numbered and then added to the camera/lens as they are assembled, and not necessarily sequentially either. 

When the 50/2  apo was produced .... and then withdrawn ..... and then reappeared 6-9 months later, there were some puzzled buyers who had new 'correct' lenses with serial numbers on the same sequence as the withdrawn faulty batch and thought they had old lenses which had been corrected .......but the lenses were new with pre-numbered unused parts from the previous batch. The serial number allocation can bear little relation to the date of manufacture.

If you look at Puts Leica Pocketpod it lists all the bodies/lenses and serial numbers pre 2010. This was freely available as a download but now seems to have vanished.