So Ladies and Gentlemen......

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am poised to spend some money soon as it is the time of year for such things, and I am wondering if members of this great and so useful forum would care to predict new products in the next 6 months from Solms that are associated with digital M.

Since it will happen lets intersperse funnies with real serious predictions.

I think there will be a M9 soon with a smaller S2 derived sensor. That would seriously cause a stir.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Predicting new announcements is a fovorite sport for many of us... :) ... in another thread "Erwin Puts review..." you'll find people very seriously stating that "M9" will be out later THIS YEAR ! You can trust and wait, not forgetting to prepare money... :p... seems that even the price is already defined...

I would expect an R series successor before the M9, but first the S2 has to be up and running. Are the new lenses not expensive enough to put you firmly into the red ? :D

My reply to Andy is that he is still trading and looking forward to a new M.

But according to your reliable source, the new M was coming in February, and then a little later this was amended to March if memory serves me correctly?

Nothing wrong with harmless speculation, but some of the proclamations of 'inside sources' and 'Leica secrets' are rather puerile really, don't you think?

My father was originally a patternmaker. This required very precise measurement. There were two ways of making such measurements. One was to work to very high standards, taking great care and producing very accurate patterns. The other was to use an elasticated ruler (he was once given one made from knicker elastic) which could be adjusted to ensure that the pattern fitted the drawing! I wonder if this idea could be applied to the M9 and whether it could be made from an elastic polymer, so have a variable sensor size and thus satisfying everyone?

I am poised to spend some money soon as it is the time of year for such things, and I am wondering if members of this great and so useful forum would care to predict new products in the next 6 months from Solms that are associated with digital M.

Since it will happen lets intersperse funnies with real serious predictions.

I think there will be a M9 soon with a smaller S2 derived sensor. That would seriously cause a stir.

Dear goodness, any chance all the digital users on the forum could go somewhere else to chat? I'm sure there are a load of digital camera or IT forums they could fill up with dross...

And it is the M8 sub-section, in the digital sub-section. And the M8 is a digital camera.

If you don't want to read about digital cameras, perhaps it would be best to stay in the film and photo sections.

Dear goodness, any chance all the digital users on the forum could go somewhere else to chat? I'm sure there are a load of digital camera or IT forums they could fill up with dross...
I see in your brag box that you spent a bit of money on an M8 and lenses digital dross ;)

Leica: M4-P, CL, M8 + 40mm f/2, 50mm f/2 DR, 75mm f/2.5

CV: R3A, R4M, Tx3, L + 15mm f/4.5, 21mm f/4, 28mm f/2, 35mm f/1.2, 35mm f/2.5, 40mm f/1.4

I see in your brag box that you spent a bit of money on an M8 and lenses digital dross ;)

Yes, it's in a box somewhere gathering dust. I only wish it had a full-frame sensor and live-view and and and and and and...

Where else would you suggest?

I don't know, there must be a digital camera forum somewhere for people who like talking about sensors and the like, try Google.

If you don't want to read about digital cameras, perhaps it would be best to stay in the film and photo sections.

Sadly I get the whole thing as an RSS feed so don't get a chance to filter this nonsense out.