is this Banksy?

rliamo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just been picking up on all the hype about the sale on e-bay of a wall on Portobello with a Banksy grafitti/stencil artwork so I had a look while I was drooling over the M6'S. and when I saw the artwork in the auction it triggered somthing in my memory of been on that spot but the wall in question was blank...however,there was a signwriter in a cherry-picker writing "Falafel King" and I had a Canon G7 with me so more to test the zoom than anything else I took a few shots of the two men in the Cherry picker and thought no more about it and ended up deleting all the shots except one that has a girl in the foreground.So I dug out the disc with G7 shots and found the shot and zoomed 100% and cropped into the 2 men in the cradel and I think the young one looking down on the market is himself.Would a shot like this be worth anything? the file size is only 3.35mb and I'm not even sure if it's HIM.

I'm signed in but the picture won't upload which kinda screws the story...is it because it's not a Leica cam? ... brief descripition two men one painting Falafel King on the parapet 1wearing a Hi-Vis vest the other leaning over the edge not wearing builders gear just looking down on the market,2 storeys up .The wheels of the cherry picker (4) are at ground level where the artwork is now. I think the file is still too big so i'll have to shrink it some more,meanwhile ..anyone here be able to say it's him or not?...cheers Liam...Forgot to add ..the bidding has reached 207,099 (UKP) and 67 bidders..ends in 19 hours time if you want a look it's in the Art section under popular searches.

Liam -

To the first issue: The file size is too large, which is why you couldn't post it. One of our rules is that all photos posted here must be made with a Leica camera, or a Leica lens, or some combination of both.

To the second issue: Personally, I do not approve of "outing" Banksy, and hope you will not decide to sell-out.