4th Barnack Challenge - Christmas Present

earleygallery

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Get your LTM loaded and ready!!!

The theme for the 4th Barnack Challenge is "Christmas Present" - interpret this how you wish. Images can be colour or B&W and there is no restriction on lenses, you must however use your Leica LTM camera and take the photo within the timeframe stated.

The 'shooting' period runs from the 24th Dec to the 1st January inclusive. Take your photo, on the above theme, within these dates.

Have your film developed and then post your images to this thread by the Sat 12th January (one image per person only). Voting will then open and run until Friday 25th January and the winner announced on Saturday 26th January.

I will donate a small prize for the winner. Good luck!

James,

I'll give it a try this time; I 'll be in London 22-26/12 then back to work for the end of the year festivities, so I should be able to fit in a snap or two with the old IIIg...

I'll try and refrain from the family shots, though.

James,

I'll give it a try this time; I 'll be in London 22-26/12 then back to work for the end of the year festivities, so I should be able to fit in a snap or two with the old IIIg...

I'll try and refrain from the family shots, though.

Hi Philippe,

Enjoy your Christmas in London, I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration! I will be out and about with the lllf.

Are you organising a Leica meet whilst you're here :D

James,

The only things that are planned, so far, are a visit to the Below Zero bar and Camden Town; I am with wife and daughter and I must live with them a while longer, so I can't really submit them to a Leica meet :)

The bar is, of course, purely a research matter wheteher the IIIg is capable of working at such temperature...

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I did depress the shutter button, but, as I am waiting for the contact sheet, I am already sure that it will stretch one's imagination to link it to the theme...

BTW, Bill, I took my wife and daughter to the Chandos last week and downed one to our collective health; they gazed in awe at the place where it all began:)

Thanks to Peter for the offer of a prize - I received my pouch and I have to say it really is a lovely thing and is perfect for holding my 25mm Skopar together with the viewfinder.

I'll also add a small prize as already offered.

I've only got a few shots in the 'shooting period', going to finish the roll tomorrow (obviously won't use any later pics).