Leica q3 duplicate ghost file bug

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone, I have a problem to solve about the Leica Q3.
Initially I didn't give it much weight and I thought I had made a mistake in some settings but today, downloading the latest camera shots from the SD card to the computer, I saw dozens of black dng files weighing 106 megs each, totally black and the same files also in JPG weighing 20.4 mega.
I attach an image, as you can see the first 6 files were taken at 8.12pm, the only thing I did a few minutes later, I think at 8.25pm, was to connect the iPhone to Leica Photo. Between 8.25pm and 8.27pm, 151 totally black DNG files and 151 totally black JPG files were created on the card without any information.
has this happened to anyone?

postimg.cc/68VGWwmL

I have had this happen when I've put my camera (not a Q3, but that doesn't matter) in my bag, but still switched on. The camera moved in the bag and I ended up with a SD card full of black photographs.

• Like 1

Thanks Andy, I'll pay attention if this happens in my case too.
I had put the q3 in my bag and then I launched Leica fotos to receive the last shots, I don't understand if  once the download is finished, the camera stays on, just pauses or turns off.

39 minutes ago, Marco61 said:

Thanks Andy, I'll pay attention if this happens in my case too.
I had put the q3 in my bag and then I launched Leica fotos to receive the last shots, I don't understand if  once the download is finished, the camera stays on, just pauses or turns off.

The camera stays on unless you close the connection. It's not obvious how to do this, but it's "Disconnect" under the "Settings" menu. It really should be a big button on the main screen! 

I haven't tested to see if the camera will eventually shutdown if you don't close the connection.

• Like 1