The Perfect Darkroom Christmas

bobtodrick

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After being in construction for a couple of months our darkroom was finally finished last week.  As I mentioned in another thread we found a Beseler 45MX with Zone VI cold light and all the accessories a few months ago and have been slowly converting a room downstairs to a darkroom.

We did our Christmas yesterday (family tradition) so today we spent the afternoon in the darkroom and I showed him how to make contact sheets and then some prints.  He is 20 years old and has been shooting film for over a year, but scanning and digitally printing and wanted to do wet printing.

Taught  him a bit about contrast control, some basic burning/dodging and he made couple of pretty good prints.  One of his Christmas presents was Adam's 'The Print' which he is reading right now..

Gotta admit...I'll give him a couple more lessons...but after 25 years in the darkroom (I went digital about 2010) I will not be a regular user of the facility 😆

• Like 5