Q2 and Leica FOTOS

AnnieP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I can get the camera and iPhone to connect via WiFi.

Once connected, the iPhone tells me to "take a photo on your Leica camera to see it here."

And the camera message asks me if I want to disconnect Wifi in the camera. If I say "yes," then they disconnect. And if I say "no" the message just remains and I cannot take a picture.

So, what am I doing wrong? I would love to get this to work so I can use the GPS function.

One other question: in order for them to be connected, do they have to be on wifi? Won't they connect Bluetooth? Lots of times I am out where there is no wifi.

Q2 camera with 5.1.0 firmware.

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I would suggest deleting the Fotos app from your phone and clearing all wi-fi & BT settings on your camera. Reboot both phone and camera then download Fotos onto your cellphone, then set up your camera. I always ensure my camera battery is fully charged prior to setting up, in addition an I would suggesting formatting your SD card prior to set up.🍷

Edited by Indeepthought

I tried deleting and reinstalling the Fotos app. The app recognizes the camera. I see the bluetooth symbol on the camera but not the little symbol denoting the automatic storage of location data. I cannot figure out what the symbol underneath the BT symbol means.

Below are screenshots of the FOTOS app and the Q2 screen showing the BT symbol as well as unknown symbol below.

I have been trying ever since I got the camera to get the GPS data to record with no luck. My frame of reference is my Sony A7, which connects and stays connected to its app with no problems. I would love to get the Leica to do that. Any other suggestions?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

26 minutes ago, AnnieP said:

I tried deleting and reinstalling the Fotos app. The app recognizes the camera. I see the bluetooth symbol on the camera but not the little symbol denoting the automatic storage of location data. I cannot figure out what the symbol underneath the BT symbol means.

Below are screenshots of the FOTOS app and the Q2 screen showing the BT symbol as well as unknown symbol below.

I have been trying ever since I got the camera to get the GPS data to record with no luck. My frame of reference is my Sony A7, which connects and stays connected to its app with no problems. I would love to get the Leica to do that. Any other suggestions?

Many thanks for your suggestions.

If you notice the symbol under the bluetooth one matches the one next to "Geotagging" in the app. That is the gps data. You also have it set to only share the gps while the app is active.