EV compensation in S mode

YUHA

Its important to have the terms right. Do we speak of exposure compensation? If that is the case then put exosure compensation onto the thumb wheel. And you have what you need . . .

Go to page 4 of the menu. There go to "customise control" and there to "wheel assignement.

Hope this helps.

Edited by M11 for me

What I did was to change my usual settings for the button on top of the thumb wheel to exposeure 

1 hour ago, M11 for me said:

Its important to have the terms right. Do we speak of exposure compensation? If that is the case then put exosure compensation onto the thumb wheel. And you have what you need . . .

Go to page 4 of the menu. There go to "customise control" and there to "wheel assignement.

Hope this helps.

Yes I speak about exposure compensation and it’s onto the thumb wheel by default on A mode and on the menu on S mode. I don’t think you can override this just assign some other function button to the exp. comp. 

If both the shutter speed dial and aperture ring are set to “A” then you are in Program Mode.

If you want shutter priority then set the aperture ring to “A” and pick your shutter speed off the shutter speed dial, moving it off “A”. The thumb wheel should then be “Exposure Compensation” by default.

Edited by Le Chef

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a complicated topic, at least for me. The options are described on p. 59 of the manual, but it requires reading several times with camera in hand and trying out. I think what threw me initially is that there is no direct dial setting for PASM, as you get on a Canon camera: the modes are set indirectly, as explained above, and the function of the thumb wheel changes, as listed on p. 59.

When you "get it", it makes perfect sense, and saves an extra wheel on the exterior of the camera.

David

Edited by David Wien

That whole section in the manual from 58 - 61 explains how to configure the camera buttons and wheels to your preferences. What you say can’t be done actually can be done. The easiest way is to create profiles, name them, and save them. That way you have easy access to what you want.