repair issues

RicImages

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Any one else having a hard time getting a repair? I sent a 35mm f/1.4 Summilux to Germany for repair and was originally told Mid-July for the repair to be done, then told August 28th, then again told it would be October 11, 2023. Now on my latest contact I was told they can't tell me when it will finished for return. Seems excessive. The lens was in perfect condition on my last use then the next time I went to use it nothing the camera wouldn't even recognize it. It was never dropped or abused.

Well, your bad experience by Leica support, seems very similar when reading background information
as written by another community member on his own website.

Within another subject  < HERE >  I had some some questions, (but never answered).

The part of my reaction related to Leica support experience, I have quoted below.

Am 11.11.2023 um 13:02 schrieb Babylonia:

Off topic.
(If it is necessary for starting a new subject, maybe a moderator can split / move this part).

By looking at your images displayed within another part of the community  --->  Images from Panasonic cameras {merged},
I went further  to your website  and read about the horrible experience of your malfunctioning Leica SL2 camera &  24-70mm lens.
Now sold and exchanged by the Panasonic S1R.  Hopefully, you can spend your time to photography again, by a faultlessly working camera now.

So for complete story:

I went further  to your website  and read about the horrible experience of your malfunctioning Leica SL2 camera &  24-70mm lens.

Don't know if you can read the German language, so  < HERE is translated version into English - by Google >

IMO very bad advertising for Leica, if this kind of bad user experience by Leica support seems to be no exception.

Edited by Babylonia