Q3 original battery gives notification no 8k option

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

since today, not having this issue previously, my second original battery give a notification on screen that the 8k video option is not available with this battery… but it worked before I think. Not using the 8k that much. But I got the message so something is changed?

Kind regards

Willwm

On 11/30/2023 at 12:07 PM, chetccox said:

one Capital missed?  Wow.  And how many languages do you speak?

Look at their profile name. It's what trolls making fake accounts do because they are in a rush, and their first post is always about problem. But hey, maybe they were just over-caffeinated 🤪

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by hdmesa
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leica Q3: No 8K video with the "old" SCL4 battery

The Leica Q3 battery is the Leica BP-SCL6 (which is a longer-lasting battery type than the Leica BP-SCL4 that fits the Leica Q2, Leica Q and Leica SL and Leica SL2). The Leica BP-SCL4 abso fits Leica Q3 and everything works fine. Except 8K video that is disabled when using this less powerful battery. So, to do 8K video, use the Leica BP-SCL6 that comes with the Leica Q3 (or you bought as spare battery for Q3). The Leica BP-SCL6 battery can be used also i Leica SL2, Leica SL2-S, Leica Q2 and Leica Q2 Monochrom when these cameras have had a firmware update. 

(From Possible errors of the Leica Q3)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/11/2023 at 4:37 PM, axio said:

I also had this problem, namely the original BP-SCL6 being recognised as not supporting 8k videos, but that lasted for only 2 seconds or so, then the warning went away.

I think generally that cameras take a short while (like 2 seconds) to recognize a new batter. Often see that when I put in a new battery, it starts saying low battery, then catch up on the current battery and show the status correctly. (Speed of battery power must be slower than speed of light 🙂