JJC Arca Swiss Grip for Q3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, David Wien said:

Paul, I very much like the look of your “golden” and wooden accessories. I would have followed suit, but am worried that they might attract too much attention in busy public places. So I opted for black. How do you guard against this problem?

David

I was very close to getting the black wood as well, then I thought the look would be similar to the Leica grip and JCC.  Definitely from the future RRS version.

As for safety, I do not have a strap, so I walk around with a black Oberwerth shoulder bag with magnetic snaps for quick access.  When in Paris, an ugly shoulder bag from Moment or others.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Domip said:

The JJC is fine except where the pinky rest... there it's to sharp. Too thin to make it rounder. Pity

Maybe I have larger hands than you, but I rest my pinky underneath the JJC grip and find it very comfortable. It also adds to the stability of the Q3.

David

9 minutes ago, David Wien said:

Maybe I have larger hands than you, but I rest my pinky underneath the JJC grip and find it very comfortable. It also adds to the stability of the Q3.

David

My hand is not that big, but not small either. The natural place my pink goes is more towards the lens, and after a few minutes it does hurt. Maybe something in rubber at the right place...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Domip

Sorry, Domip! This is the best photo I can manage, but hope it helps to show what I do! The peak design adaptor usually attaches to the cuff. (I do not need to put the pinkie under my R6, though I can, and I cannot work out quite what the difference is.)

Best,

David

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by David Wien

I returned the Leica wireless charging grip and bought the JJC and was not expecting quality. and half expected to return it. I was very pleasantly surprised by the fit and quality. I use RRS and Pro-media brackets on all my Nikon bodies and the JJC matches the quality at a fraction of the price. The only thing missing is QD for my preferred straps so I occasionally add a Promediagear PBX3 with the QD socket, but it has to be removed to change battery or SD card.