savings camera settings on Q3 frustration

Advertisement (gone after registration)

over the weekend i have found that settings that i thought i had saved have changed, AF assist was set to off and then switches itself on, AFS reverts to IAF, function buttons chnage had set thumbwheel to perspective control and it's now back to ISO 

hwo do you save your settings so they become the default settings

very annoyingly the day/date for some reason reset to january 2023 and wehn i try to adjust time/date on my batch of imported photos, it won't change

any help gratefully received

thanks

You can't change the "Default Profile" settings. Whenever you select it the settings you have changed will revert to the default.

You need to setup the Q3 as you like and then save to a new User Profile (Menu 4). You then select that, or any other user profile that you have saved, to restore your chosen configuration.

21 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

My Q2 restarts with the same settings as when it was switched off (usually the user profile I have named 'My Default'). It doesn't revert to Default.

Same with Q3. It will only revert to default settings if you select the "Default Profile", but you can't change the Default Profile, which is why you should create User Profiles for maximum flexibility and also to save you if you select the Default Profile by mistake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corius said:

Same with Q3. It will only revert to default settings if you select the "Default Profile", but you can't change the Default Profile, which is why you should create User Profiles for maximum flexibility and also to save you if you select the Default Profile by mistake.

Yes already made that mistake two or three times on my borrowed Q. 'Default profile' should come with a warning!!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...