My Leica C only works on snapshot mode?

I have no direct solution, Carol, but try a newly charged battery, and/or a newly formatted card, or a factory reset (check the user manual for details). These generic solutions often cure obscure problems. Please report back.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:29 PM, carol foster said:

In the last few days my Leica C is only working on snapshot mode. Previously it was on P mode.

Every other mode is blurred.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Carol

Hi Carol,

Just to check, I assume that the circular Mode dial on the camera is pointing to Snapshot?  Sometimes if I have mine in my pocket the Mode dial moves slightly and yours might have moved to "P" instead of the black "A" on a white square.

If that's not it have you perhaps changed any of the settings that are not supported by Snapshot Mode?  (Mine sits in Aperture Mode all the time so I'm not familiar with Snapshot Mode.)  For instance "Raw" is not supported by Snapshot so if you've changed to Raw (under the Record menu) then the camera will put it into to one of the modes that will.

Pete.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 9:45 PM, farnz said:

Hi Carol,

Just to check, I assume that the circular Mode dial on the camera is pointing to Snapshot?  Sometimes if I have mine in my pocket the Mode dial moves slightly and yours might have moved to "P" instead of the black "A" on a white square.

If that's not it have you perhaps changed any of the settings that are not supported by Snapshot Mode?  (Mine sits in Aperture Mode all the time so I'm not familiar with Snapshot Mode.)  For instance "Raw" is not supported by Snapshot so if you've changed to Raw (under the Record menu) then the camera will put it into to one of the modes that will.

Pete.