How often does your M8 stick?

M6J

Advertisement (gone after registration)

they mentioned something about a loose wire / connection somewhere. not sure why it was not fixed any of the other times i sent the camera in.

Probably they turned it on, it turned on. They looked through the viewfinder at something, lined up the rangefinder patch, it looked OK and then took a picture. The picture displayed correctly on the LCD. At that point they put it back in the box and shipped it back to you.

Leica NJ service it the worst. I sent a M8 in twice to have a glare in the rangefinder fixed and to have it adjusted in the vertical direction. First time it looked like they did something, the glare was slightly reduced, but they never adjusted the vertical alignment. Sent it in again and they did absolutely NOTHING and sent it back. Called the President of the company and that camera was replaced. That replacement camera had a bad sensor. They replaced the sensor and screwed up the rangefinder in the process.

Then there was my chrome M8. Went in for repair and was returned with the vertical alignment out by inches.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic