Fuji Instax for street photography

John Leekley

I don’t know about linking to the Leica Fotos app, but you could download the photo to your phone and print from that to the Instax printer. A little convoluted yes, but would work.

Thank you, Othomas. I’ve come to the same conclusion based on reading the Instax blurb on the B&H  website. The  phone/Instax  combo would be a clumsy lash-up. I want to be able ask, take the snap, reach in my pocket and hand over a nice pic with a thank-you. I don’t want to have first fumble with the phone then fumble with the printer. Takes too much time and appears unprofessional. And I think it’s important that, having taken someone’s image, you give them something in return. I’m surprised that the street photo community hasn’t asked for something like this. 

thanks again. 

I’ve thought about the exact same issue and came to the same conclusion as you did @John Leekley. I wished there was a simple flow where I didn’t have to use a phone >fotos app >instax app as an intermediary when using an m10-r. Here is a thought… if one was using an M11 (which I believe has Bluetooth) could one connect directly to the inStax app on the phone rather than the Leica Fotos app?  What’s also unique with the wide instax printer is that you could print out a print to give to someone and it allows you to include a QR code in the pic (which could link to your website or IG page). Still clumsy though and need to use the phone.

Edited by RMF

• 3 months later...
On 9/9/2022 at 2:24 PM, RMF said:

I wished there was a simple flow where I didn’t have to use a phone >fotos app >instax app as an intermediary when using an m10-r

alas nothing straightforward on the leica / instax combo

i can print direct from my GFX to the instax sq3, but you'll have to look pass the absurdity of using a 100mp camera for instant film

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Great news!  Exactly what we were asking for.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by RMF