LEITZ HUGO lenses

Reddy

You are aware that these lenses only come as a kit, and cost over $100,000 for the seven of them (plus another $19K for the coming 50mm 1.0)? Seriously doubt anyone will be shooting with these outside the cine realm, and most likely rented. Cool lenses though, but just not suited for still use with their long focus throws, etc. Best off just buying M and L lenses for a lot less money (that is already a lot of money!). 

4 minutes ago, charlesphoto99 said:

You are aware that these lenses only come as a kit, and cost over $100,000 for the seven of them (plus another $19K for the coming 50mm 1.0)? Seriously doubt anyone will be shooting with these outside the cine realm, and most likely rented. Cool lenses though, but just not suited for still use with their long focus throws, etc. Best off just buying M and L lenses for a lot less money (that is already a lot of money!). 

you are right, but the cine guys are chasing the R lenses hard, the price of R35-70mm f2.8, 15mm f2.8, 19mm f2.8 v2 etc... they would cost more then those LEITZ lens kit easily. I made double for keeping the 19mm f2.8 v1 just for 9 months!

Anyway, they are toys too for most of us so long focus throws would not stop some of us.

56 minutes ago, Reddy said:

you are right, but the cine guys are chasing the R lenses hard, the price of R35-70mm f2.8, 15mm f2.8, 19mm f2.8 v2 etc... they would cost more then those LEITZ lens kit easily. I made double for keeping the 19mm f2.8 v1 just for 9 months!

Anyway, they are toys too for most of us so long focus throws would not stop some of us.

Yes, those lenses have gotten pricey, but still nowhere near the cost of these - and these are the 'budget' line of cine lenses. Keep in mind the initial set is just basic primes from 21 to 90 - the 18 and 135 will come later, and most likely much pricier. But money is all relative in this crazy world of Leica heads.... and having used cine lenses, I would never consider them for still use, esp on an M. 

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

Well I don't think anyone aside from a few enthusiasts are waiting for R lenses in the cine world. None of them match, and they all look quite different wide open vs closed down. 

The M0.8 lenses get good traction and these Hugos are perfect for that market - realistically rental market though.

Great size and weight and nice close distance finally

Cheers
Paul

Edited by paulcurtis
  • Like 1