Rediscovering An Old Hobby...

MakinMemories

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello All,

Been out of this hobby for many years and very excited to have jumped back in! I have lusted after a Leica since I bought my first Cannon many years ago...On a recent trip to Germany for business I ventured into the Leica Store in Munich...Left with a shiny new SL2 with the 24-70 zoom and waiting on arrival of the 90-280 zoom. (Had to ship it as was out of room for carry-on) I was really torn between the 24-70 and the 24-90 but really liked the 24-70 and put the savings toward the 90-280! Only 'extras' I got at the time was one extra battery and a screen protector. However I did just order a couple of 82MM B+W XS-Pro Nano Clear filters for lens protection-years ago I damaged the front of an expensive (for me at the time!) Vivitar zoom and have no desire to repeat that on a truly expensive Leica lens! Looking for a bag now and liking the Billingham Eventer MKII, looks like it will hold everything I will likely need and love the fact that it is made in England and not China. Lots of accessories to acquire but this will get me started quite well as I learn and get familiar with the Leica kit...

There will for sure be a steep learning curve to extract the most from the SL2 and the Leica lenses but I am really looking forward to it! The size and weight of the kit does not bother me at all, from memory-seems little different than a Cannon body with motor drive and the big lenses of the time...Plus I spend a few days a week at the gym!

One last thing, I would like to thank those responsible for this forum as it shares a lot of knowledge from passionate members both hobbyist and professional! While I won't be posting often (still have a business to run) maybe someday I can even contribute something worthwhile🙂

Edited by MakinMemories
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Photoworks said:

cheers

one other accessory that is quite useful is the M to L adapter. you can then attach a small but still great M lens on it.

For does days that you want a 1.4 lens or a smaller package to carry.

Thanks, that is a great idea for many reasons! I would love to explore a few current M lenses as well as time-warp with some really vintage classics...

Welcome and congratulations!  

My primary tip is: Carry a few older M (1970s?) Mandler-Magic lenses to compliment the 24-70.  Three of them fit in my kit where the 85/1.4 usually sits.

• Like 1