Dud M11? battery? charger? all of the above?

AG14130

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Spent first afternoon with my M11 yesterday. No regrets, and much to recommend it —  even having purchased it more or less on the heels of a black paint and M10r. That is until today after a full night of charging, when the camera refuses to recognize any charge at all. Spoke with my rep in Los Angeles, and he said that he had heard of one other instance so far of the charger being the culprit. But I also tried to charge it with the USB-C, and while the camera will turn on, after about an hour, it’s still registers at 0%. Tried resetting the camera, reformatting the card, etc. etc. They are looking into it . But an extremely inauspicious start. I was about to post my M10r in the classifieds, but we’ll see. So far my m11 is an NFT. 

Edited by AG14130

• AG14130 changed the title to Dud M11? battery? charger? all of the above?

Still waiting on rep but I’ve since heard several instances of charger fails.  Also I should note the charger feels flimsy and falls over when plugged in, the usb cord wiggles loosely in AC adapter and isn’t remotely flush with it.  I initially was sure this was a potential (albeit probably) unrelated problem.  Irrespective of what’s going on with my camera, nothing from top to bottom should feel remotely cheap about this package.  I feel I should’ve known better and waited— having been a too early adopter of the M240. Disappointed. To say the least.  

Edited by AG14130
Typo

35 minutes ago, lucerne said:

AG14130.    Your report is very negative but your feelings may be understandable.     Why have you not returned to the store for a replacement.  

I’m in New York working. My dealer is in LA.  They’re overnighting me another battery and charger to see if that is indeed the issue. They also have reported issues with charger. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Studienkamera said:

My M10 had the same problem when I bought it. Replacing the power cable of the charger solved it. But it seems you already tried another way of charging, must be a different problem.

Incredible. I tried a different cable, and though initially it was  still was doing that thing where the green and orange lights flash simultaneously, after reinserting it a couple times and leaving it all night I woke to a full charge. This is befuddling, because a friend of mine was troubleshooting it with several different cables yesterday to no avail. Total mystery. 

• Like 1