M3 lens on a M 240

bscott

Well, you can use all Leica M- and LTM-lenses with an M3, as well as you can use them with an M (Typ 240).

If you explained which M3-lens you mean, answers could be more explicit.

You can see here that using "old glass" on all sorts of camera bodies may be not disappointing at all: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bscott said:

I have the 35mm f 2.0  and the 135 mm both with goggles the 50mm f 2.0 and the 90 mm 2.8

As UliWer wrote above, you would not be disappointed when used on M (typ 240), if they don't disappoint you when used on M3.

I use happily those of your listing on film M and sensor M without anything to complain.

The 35mm with goggles is not so good with an M (Typ 240). The goggles were necessary to diminish the finder's magnification. Since the modern Ms have finders with lower magnification, the frame for 35mm becomes rather small. 

No problems with the 135mm with goggles, as it enlarges the finder's magnification. The 50mm Summicron is an excellent lens even for a digital sensor. The 90mm Elmarit is a favourit of mine and also well to be used with an M (Typ 240).  

• Like 1

I have both. The 135 is a rarely used lens; the 35 sits on a shelf since I purchased a curent one. Both work just as well on my M (240), M9, and my film bodies. I always liked the 'goggles' on the 35 since I wear glasses and like to use the 50 frame to view the 35 field — there is of course the matter of the rangefinder patch ending to be smaller. I sued my 1962 35 Summicron on my digital bodies until just a couple of years ago and am very happy with the images I made with it. You will be happy to use those lenses on your M 240. For the 135, I usually use my EVF finder.