Turn off Long Exposure Noise Reduction (LENR) in M10-R?

lecycliste

Advertisement (gone after registration)

You can't turn it off in my M10 from 2017, but is there a way to disable / turn off long exposure noise reduction in the M10-R? Doing starfield / Milky Way night shots, I hate waiting for twice a 16-19 second shutter speed to make the next of several multiple exposures. The SL2 allows you to switch off this function. Does the M10-R let you turn it off?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 11:45 PM, Al Brown said:

A m10-R is a M10. So unfortunately no.
Search the forum, several posts have been made on this subject. Currently only SL2 allows it.

And that's one of the things I like best about my SL2. I just wish Leica would start thinking of M-photographers as intelligent individuals capable of making their own creative decisions. The M-series cameras were originally predicated on that.

15 minutes ago, lecycliste said:

I just wish Leica would start thinking of M-photographers as intelligent individuals capable of making their own creative decisions.

Nah, we are just retards incapable of thought awareness. Hence that other very expensive machine being made called the "SL2" for all that was left behind - EVF, AF, IBIS, video, 20fps, dual card slots and... wait for it... noise reduction ON/OFF.

Edited by Al Brown

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, Al Brown said:

Nah, we are just retards incapable of thought awareness. Hence that other very expensive machine being made called the "SL2" for all that was left behind - EVF, AF, IBIS, video, 20fps, dual card slots and... wait for it... noise reduction ON/OFF.

And the SL2 is a boat anchor. I know, I have one. Never shoot video, love the IBIS, love that I can use native lenses from three different manufacturers, especially when one of them (Leica) has lenses that while optically incomparable are very heavy and way out of my price range. 

For a lightweight camera in the field, that the M10 and variants lack selectable LENR is dumb - unless there's some technical reason Leica can't give it to us. And with the noise performance of the M10-R sensor, I don't think that's it.