I don't wanna be the wrong way round

mikeleng

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been upside down

I don't wanna be the wrong way round

I've missed paradise on the ground .

Leica Digilux 2

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by mikeleng
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi Stuart

Made by sculptor David Cerny in 1999 it hangs in the Lucerna Gallery Prague, It portrays King Wenceslas on an upside down dead horse . This uncanny disruption of the equestrian statue model through the replacement of a living for a dead horse recalls a helplessness for both man and beast and the historical helplessness experienced by the citizens of the Czech Republic in their quest for democracy.

• Like 2

Thanks mike, I like this shot.   I  didn't realize the sculpture  was hanging there when I was last in Prague. King Wenceslas actually was the Duke of Bohemia and after his death by his brother he was promoted to King, The Holy Roman Emperor  Otto l gave him the title posthumously.

Edited by Henry Taylor
word change
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Henry Taylor said:

Thanks mike, I like this shot.   I  didn't realize the sculpture  was hanging there when I was last in Prague. King Wenceslas actually was the Duke of Bohemia and after his death by his brother he was promoted to King, The Holy Roman Emperor  Otto l gave him the title posthumously.

Thanks Henry, it’s such a beautiful place full of history, one place to put on your bucket list

• Like 1