Barnack Challenge #41: Contrast / Kontrast - Vote Here.

Doug A

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Votes for the best pictures in the “Contrast/Kontrast” Barnack Challenge should be made here.

You have from Monday February 22 to Sunday March 7 to vote.

Please give 3 points for the best picture.

2 points for second place and

1 point for third place.

Please use the photographer’s user name to identify the picture you are voting for.

5 hours ago, Ambro51 said:

If you participate, you can vote.

My understanding is that anyone can vote. I am sure that is how it has worked in the past.

Of course, participation is highly encouraged, but it is likewise not binding that you do vote.

3 hours ago, thomas_schertel said:

The next time we should make some advertising for the challenge. But how?

Two quick thoughts.

1. Declare the competition in a number of threads. eg. Barnack's Bar; I Like Film; anything related to LTM Cameras.

2.Target know LTM users with a PM inforning/inviting them to the competition.

• Like 2

In hindsight I SHOULD have not entered the image since I waited for a snowfall and shot the image two days past the time limit.   So that said I withdraw the image.  Rules Must be followed.  Also, since I am withdrawing the image I would like to also cancel the votes cast for it as well as the votes I cast.    I feel only those who participate have the right to vote.  

Edited by Ambro51

57 minutes ago, Ambro51 said:

In hindsight I SHOULD have not entered the image since I waited for a snowfall and shot the image two days past the time limit.   So that said I withdraw the image.  Rules Must be followed.  Also, since I am withdrawing the image I would like to also cancel the votes cast for it as well as the votes I cast.    I feel only those who participate have the right to vote.  

I disagree. Besides voting would be jumble if you did that.

My personal opinion is that the important thing is the spirit of entering. There is not a 'sheep station' at risk, as we would say here in Australia.

Also, if you read above, I too only became aware of the competition after the shooting dates. I actually shot, I think, during the posting time. Shot and posted all in the same day, just to keep the competition afloat.

If you withdraw, so too must I.

I think that would not be be good for the spirit of the competition.

• Like 1

Keep yours in, there are so few entries.  I took some pictures a few days before the start date as I was on the end of a roll of film, but did not use them, I retook one a week later that I did enter. I am thinking of showing the earlier ones as “rejects” after the voting is over.

As far as advertising the Challenge, the earlier one I got stuck with organising was advertised in a banner at the top of the Forum home page, but that did not bring any more entries. Luckily I have not received many votes so won’t get the job of organising the next one !

i think anyone should be able to vote, but counting thousands of votes might be a problem if all 79467 members vote.

Edited by Pyrogallol
  • Like 1

An interesting discussion. I had planned to start a Follow-up topic after the Results topic so we could discuss just these kinds of issues. 

In the meantime, somebody has to decide the issues raised here and, as the topic organizer, that responsibility falls on me. I plan to count all of the votes cast for all six of the pictures submitted.