Capture One now has M10-R prostandard profile

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just downloaded an upgrade to COne 21 (build 14.01). 

But it is still flaky at high ISO and indoor mixed lighting.

Here's a shot with the new profile, AWB, ISO 5000

V1001465 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and  with the old DNG neutral profile

V1001466 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

I think a better result would lie in between.  The new profile makes skin tones too red  But it is closer than the old starting point.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

I noticed when I have the new pro standard profile selected for my M10-R images, that the Auto fix button does not work. I get an error message that this cannot be applied to the selected images. Interesting.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto

1 hour ago, budjames said:

I noticed when I have the new pro standard profile selected for my M10-R images, that the Auto fix button does not work. I get an error message that this cannot be applied to the selected images. Interesting.

Ah, that's because Capture One isn't designed to fix autos, Bud.

Pete.

The ProStandard profiles tie together  a number of things.  It gets really strange when you try to reprocess a file which you have handled before (in 14.0 or earlier). You have to go to the color correction page, set ICC profile to Leica M10R Pro and "curve" to Auto, and then the other controls start working.  If you have a mix of old and new settings in the profile selection (some of them are just not now supported),. stuff doesn't work. This may be in flux.  I just checked for updates, found this one, loaded it, and wish I had waited a bit.  It's possible to go back.

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ProStandard ICC profile for my Leica M10-R doesn't work for me. The colors are terrible - oversaturated and red/yellow.

I've set the Adobe DNG Neutral ICC profile as my default for when I import files from my M10-R. 

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto