Upscale Downscale

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Marlin Apartments along the river path where I walk almost daily are very nice, luxury units. Down below the bridge, it a bit less upscale.

M10-P, 50 lux

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by fotografr
  • Like 3

Understandably this disparity is even more pronounced in my city.  I was moved by your photos and have come back to contemplate them several times now. The two images are at once a jarring contrast, but upon further thought, for what it's  worth, I think the warm light coming in under the bridge and the bright colors of the tents gives the second scene a hopeful optimistic feeling. Forgive me if that was your intent. I guess I'm in a sort of doom and gloom mood these days and would have preferred a harsher tone, perhaps even B&W.  Just sayin.....Perhaps the setting sun on the upper image is the real  message. 

Despite my rambling, thanks for posting, these are quality photos, as always.

regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, war said:

Understandably this disparity is even more pronounced in my city.  I was moved by your photos and have come back to contemplate them several times now. The two images are at once a jarring contrast, but upon further thought, for what it's  worth, I think the warm light coming in under the bridge and the bright colors of the tents gives the second scene a hopeful optimistic feeling. Forgive me if that was your intent. I guess I'm in a sort of doom and gloom mood these days and would have preferred a harsher tone, perhaps even B&W.  Just sayin.....Perhaps the setting sun on the upper image is the real  message. 

Despite my rambling, thanks for posting, these are quality photos, as always.

regards

Thanks very much for your comments, Wally.  I think a lot of us are in doom and gloom states of mind these days. It's hard not to be. Regarding the lighting, I just took what I was given. It was late afternoon, the sun was low and the light was naturally quite warm. If that gives the image a hopeful, optimistic feel, I actually don't mind that. These folks are at the depths of their existence. Without hope for a better life there is nothing.

Cheers,

Brent

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...