Lens focus tab

rramesh

7 hours ago, rramesh said:

You forgot to mention that it is for the 7artisans 35mm f/2 lens, other lens barrel diameters may vary.

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

You forgot to mention that it is for the 7artisans 35mm f/2 lens, other lens barrel diameters may vary.

You're probably right. I though the material will be rubberized and moldable. Another ad mentions possible use on Leica and Voigtlander.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/7artisans-Lens-Quick-Focusing-Handle-Spanner-Wrench-Voigtlander-Leica-M-Fujifilm-/273443816207

Edited by rramesh

3 hours ago, 250swb said:

I have one and it is made of flexible rubber so it will fit a variety of lens. Having said that it is of pretty poor construction so I wouldn't recommend it, I quickly removed mine (well actually it removed itself).

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I used two rubber focus tabs on a couple of lenses (shown is my CV35) made for quick 2 finger focusing (back & forth over the plane of focus), similar to what I have on an old fixed lens 35mm rangefinder. The concept works best on lenses having a short focus throw. I've found quicker and easier focusing using this setup.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I tried to use a Lens Tab but after a little use the tab would start to slip on a current version 50 Summicron (the focus ring was not stiff).  Some users may have different experiences.  Given the low cost it's worth a try.  BTW, my copy came in a neat little tin can, similar to ones used for shoe polish.  I bet the container cost more than the rubber tab.  

I purchased this tab for my tables lenses. It is bigger than regular tabs. Might be not suitable for some lenses.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was reading about ELC era plastic tabs, they are still available.  Some users reported to shave two pins and using automotive moldings 3M tape to mount it on the lens. They also reported removing tape, tab without residual.  

• Like 2