End of roll light leaks - M6

iamesneal

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone, 

New Leica user here after buying the M6 a month ago during lockdown. Put around 15 rolls through it and on the last one I’ve seen some light leaks, mainly the final 5 frames.

Strange it’s happening on the last roll after all previous are fine and don’t show any leaks. I haven’t dinged the camera is anyway. Could it be a mechanical problem?

Does anyone have any idea of where it’s coming from? 

Thanks 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

3 hours ago, iamesneal said:

Could be the way I’m loading it. Instead of locating it on the tiny prongs I just loaded it and wound away on the final few rolls as I was told it could damage them if I press down on them while winding on load. 

Huh?

Anyway, simple question to get the discussion going, is the film edge also affected by the leak or only the image area? Assuming you are using colour negative film what is initially confusing is that a light leak from the emulsion side of the film would be white, and from the back of the film it would show as orange, and you seem to have both. Are you sure you didn't open the camera before rewinding the film?