Anyone used the Sigma 105mm 1.4??

Yellow_78

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

Recently been looking for a Portrait lens. I've been eyeing the SL 90mm APO for quite some time now. Then I went into the Leica store with the intention to purchase the 90 but saw on display the Sigma 105mm 1.4.

It is a gigantic lens and weighs a fair bit but at 105 1.4 and at a fraction of the cost of the 90, it does seem tempting!

My question is, has anyone tried this with the SL/SL2? wanted your opinions and maybe comparisons with the SL 90 APO.

Thanks for taking the time!

1 hour ago, Locutus said:

Amazing sharpness, great bokeh etc, but autofocus isn't very fast.

Hi! Thanks for the info ☺️

After thinking about your comment I've concluded that the autofocus and portability of the 90 APO would be a big difference. Although the price tag is way more, the size alone would probably encourage me to take it out more than I would if I had the Sigma. Thanks for your comment. 👍

• Like 2

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Yellow_78:

Hi! Thanks for the info ☺️

After thinking about your comment I've concluded that the autofocus and portability of the 90 APO would be a big difference. Although the price tag is way more, the size alone would probably encourage me to take it out more than I would if I had the Sigma. Thanks for your comment. 👍

Very good decision. The SL-Apo-Summicrons (esp. 90&35mm) are a class of their own.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Tailwagger said:

Slightly off topic but having the SL--75mm and the 135mm ART, I can say that the 135 is a stunning lens, assuming you can deal with the heft. They make a good combo.

No worries mate, all comments welcome here! Thanks for your input 👍. I'm pretty set on the 90 APO, but should I require something longer I will definitely try that 135 out. Thanks for your opinion bud!