Digilux 2 Sensor

38 minutes ago, jrethorst said:

Sorry if I was unclear -- Leica (and Panasonic) no longer replace these sensors.

John R.

Your only hope is an independent repairer who has access to, or holds stock of, old cameras which can be cannibalized for repair purposes. It would be worth asking your local Leica main dealer if they have knowledge of such a capability. Or you could advertise for a non-working Digilux 2 and find an expert to transfer the sensors. Otherwise, sadly, you have an attractive paperweight.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/99?loc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fp%2F1723819417

This might be what you want. I would open the Digilux 2 to confirm it is exactly the same part.

I got one from an electronic compenent store on  huaqiang road in Shenzhen, China. I asked a camera/electronic repair store nearby to replace it, but the store told me they could only to the replacement, but would not promise to make it work. It was also not clear how long it would last even if it was fixed, since that component might be one of the defective batch.  

The cost was rather high, With the similar cost, they pointed to several other newer used Leica P&S, including LX xxx. Not the same as Digilux 2, but made a lot of sense to me. I ended up put it to rest.

everything has its time. 

Edited by Einst_Stein
  • Like 2

Einst, thank you! I don't know how to open the camera to look at the sensor, but I've emailed the ebay seller to ask if he knows whether it was used in the camera, or if he has the sensor that was. It may be harder to tell whether his sensor was one of the defective batch.

John R.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, jrethorst said:

Einst, thank you! I don't know how to open the camera to look at the sensor, but I've emailed the ebay seller to ask if he knows whether it was used in the camera, or if he has the sensor that was. It may be harder to tell whether his sensor was one of the defective batch.

John R.

Since the ebay price is rather low, it shouldn't be a big lose  simply to buy it and the figure out what to do next.

However p, personally I don't think it worth the trouble. Of course it is your call.