Leica Q-P Wifi HELP!!!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So, I just bought a Q-P and am another frustrated by the poor instructions that came with the camera. I read a great post from several years ago on this site that was helpful but I'm still at a standstill. The two primary obstacles at the moment are:

1) The Leica Q app, which downloaded perfectly to my iPhone, isn't recognized by the phone and therefore the camera function won't scan the QR code. The LeicaFOTOS app works perfectly with the iPhone camera. Almost seems as if the Leica Q app is damaged or maybe not compatible with the Q-P?

2) The Q won't connect to my wifi despite the camera seeing my wifi. The password is correct and the signal is very strong.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

You need to stop using the Q App and use the FOTOS App. It’s not perfect either, but I expect it’ll work. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your Q-P. It should all work then. Good luck. Let is know and we’ll help as we can. 

• Like 1

Thanks. There is no mention of the FOTO app in my manual! Crazy. I’m not able to get the QR code to come up on the back of the camera after following your directions. When I choose remote the camera tries to connect with my WiFi but can’t. Thoughts?

Once you skip past the screen that has the QR code it seems the only way to get it back is to turn the camera off, turn it back on, then select WLAN from the menu.

At least that's how it works on my Q.

Edit: The FOTO app is a lot newer than your manual.

Edited by marchyman

I finally got the FOTOs app to read the QR scan but, alas, the app saw the camera and wants a firmware update (currently 3.0). It appears that the only way to update Firmware is by downloading it to a computer and scanning it to an SD card? Does this camera actually connect to wifi? It sees my wifi but won't connect despite many tries (correct password, strong signal, etc). Thanks for your help!

Tarpontime.

You have to load the latest firmware designed for your camera model.  When you are correctly loaded with the new firmware you will no longer connect to your own WiFi.

The  camera will create its own WiFi zone. Then Fotos app on your phone or tablet will talk to your camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

7 hours ago, lucerne said:

Tarpontime.

You have to load the latest firmware designed for your camera model.  When you are correctly loaded with the new firmware you will no longer connect to your own WiFi.

The  camera will create its own WiFi zone. Then Fotos app on your phone or tablet will talk to your camera.

+1. Download to your computer. Drag it to the root level of your SD card

Install properly on the Q-P. I cannot remember which button you hold down when turning on to get it to upload the firmware. Make sure your battery is fully charged.