My new Micro-Bag for the M10

jkcampbell2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Most of the time I only go out with one camera and one lens. The ThinkTank battery case is my new micro-bag. One extra battery, a cleaning cloth and a spare SD card and I'm good to go for the day! Cheers, jc

• Like 2

I use the dual battery case made by Tenba. Fits battery from M10 and M240. Wife modified the cover. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I'll second the caution of putting a bare battery in the pocket with any other metal objects. I did the plastic bag for a long time and if you are only carrying a battery it certainly works. I like a small battery case because it holds the three things I like to take with me when running out the door, a battery, a cleaning cloth and a spare SD card all in one place. When I'm not shooting I hook the flap over my camera strap so it's always with the camera and I'm not looking for it at the last minute. I have one for my Leica T also but it's a Tenba, nice case but doesn't have the SD pouch in the back so I just fold the card between the lens cloth and slide it in behind the battery. I use a Wimberly Arca plate on the T which has to be removed to change the battery so I also cut down an allen wrench to fit along side the battery.  The M10 uses an RRS plate so no need for a wrench. Cheers, jc

I have been using ThinkTank battery cases for years. I like the dual battery case that holds two Leica M10 batteries. 

For a one day outing, a 128GB SD card in my M10, a PeakDesign camera strap (the "leash") and one extra battery is all I take. I use the second battery pocket for a lens cleaning cloth. The "standard" lens on my M10 is my Summicron 35 or, if I'm going to be out at night, my Summilux 35.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by budjames

On 3/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, Peter Kilmister said:

Shove the spare in your trouser pocket?

Well I'd have said that as well, but obviously the forum demands a more elaborate solution to a simple problem. So I'll suggest just have your butler carry your spare batteries for you, and mine does, and my tripod, and my camera bag, and my packed lunch, and tent, and case of wine,.....but they keep wearing out!

• Haha 3