Battery charger

lysardman

10 minutes ago, lysardman said:

Thanks for the information, however, the problem I have with the Nitecore is that it's a USB charger, I'd prefer a mains one. 

I'm curious - why? I have a Nitecore one and it works well (for CL) - including from a USB mains adapter (Amazon Kindle, phone charger.......). 

You're in a great location!  Few years since I was down that way - still need to go back, again.

https://www.nitecore.co.uk/Shop/Products/Chargers/13595-Nitecore-ULM9-Leica-Camera-Charger.html  -  cheaper than showing on that auction site.

Then plug it into a "decent" mains USB supply, not a cheap Chinese one.  Has the advantage you can use the Nitecore in a car with a 12V adaptor and the possibility of plugging into a computer...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I managed to get the Nitecore charger and get it working. However, when I put the own brand Leica battery into it to charge after a few minutes of charging it showed End so I took the battery out and put it into the M9 and had a look at the charge and it showed just over 75%. I repeated this with an OEM battery with the same results, except this showed below 75%. 

So, I returned to the original Leica battery charger and put both the batteries in. They showed the flashing light for a few minutes then a constant green. Back in the M9 and this showed no change from above. 

Any suggestions as to the cause of this and ideas what I do next? 

Happy New Year to all

Hello, both the battery and the charger seem to be fine. (If there are no other indications of an incorrect operation.)
 >> From time to time, an (almost) complete discharge cycle is required in the camera to reset the battery status calculation. <<
Simply use the batteries periodically.

Here is some information about battery management:

Am 14.5.2015 um 09:46 schrieb Dao De Leitz:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A deeper understanding of the battery management gives the application note AN131.

Maxim Integrated, AN131: http://pdfserv.maximintegrated.com/en/an/AN131.pdf   ...

Quote AN131  Page 10:  ... ICA Reset to 0 after a complete discharge, ..., ... also adjust for cell differences and cell aging, becoming more accurate over time. ...

Thorsten

• 3 years later...

I have the same issue now, what did you do to solve this problem please?

On 1/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, lysardman said:

Well, I managed to get the Nitecore charger and get it working. However, when I put the own brand Leica battery into it to charge after a few minutes of charging it showed End so I took the battery out and put it into the M9 and had a look at the charge and it showed just over 75%. I repeated this with an OEM battery with the same results, except this showed below 75%. 

So, I returned to the original Leica battery charger and put both the batteries in. They showed the flashing light for a few minutes then a constant green. Back in the M9 and this showed no change from above. 

Any suggestions as to the cause of this and ideas what I do next? 

Happy New Year to all

• 3 weeks later...