Survey: Interested in the new Leica M10?

LUF Admin

Interested in the Leica M10?  

805 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Leica M10 tempting for you?

• Yes, exactly the features I was waiting for!
    • Definitely interested, but waiting for more reviews (or a model Leica M10-P)
    • No, no real advantages above my Leica M240 / M9
    • No, I need video

Is it possible for Leica to produce M11 (black & white ONLY) in M6J appearance without video-taking function?

I think it would be a good selling-point of "Essentials of Basic" for all valued and potential customers.

General expectation is Leica will introduce a M10 Monochrom sooner or later.  And this well before the M11 model.

Disclaimer : This statement is based on M9 -> Monochrom and M240 -> M246 Monochrom history and believing the same pattern will be repeated for the M10.  

I'm an M7 user, skipped the M8 because I didn't like it, was not sure about the M9, had many doubts about the 240/262...

...but after playing a little with the M10 in Wetzlar I understood: this is the digital M I was waiting for...

robert

PS: from just interested to ...order placed...now waiting ...

After a few weeks owning the M10 I must say I'm glad I was interested: it's really what I wanted, a camera with the benefits of digital which I can use in the same way as I use (and still use) the M7 !

robert

• Like 4

There has been video on my last three cameras. I think I have used it perhaps four times. But what for ? Certainly not photography. Yes it records events but I want to take photographs and my Leica III with an F2 Summar both of which have only had one other owner than me in 81 years does everything for film. But digital is so much more convenient now that i have lost my darkroom and V35. I shall not sell my III or my 1A but await my new M10, on which I can use my Summar. Thank goodness we do not all like the same thing. Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 3