First film M; which one?

indio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1. bang for the buck : Leica M6 TTL . It has exposure metering, light weight, faster rewind knob. full package. ( if you dont use 28mm lenses check the 0.85x viewfinder, more pleasant viewfinder when shooting,--and also i found it cheaper here than the standard 0.72x)

2. more money : Leica MP. has same function with M6 but superior build materials.

3. more money and similiar user function with digital M : Leica M7. Auto exposure saves time when shooting. but its battery-dependable. 

i just bought an M6 TTL for around 1300$ with box and books. very happy with it.

I'm suprised that nobody has noted that the early M's have a more accurate viewfinder than model's after the M4-2. I have always consider this to be a salient point. I had an M6TTL which soon moved on ,could'nt stand the inaccuracy of the frame lines at the longer focal length's

Best,

normclarke.

I often read similar comments to this online. Prior to digital cameras being more common you'd never have heard such a comment. 

Yes, processing and printing yourself is great, but not for everyone. Few pro's would do their own P&P - they had their own lab technicians for that or outsourced it. 

What about all of us who used to love Kodachrome? We had to let Kodak dunk it in the soup for us. If only I knew back then that by not doing the processing myself made it pointless to use Kodachrome. Oh well, wasted years.

James,

I don´t know where to get Kodachrome nor do I now where to get it processed. Recently I asked for B&W and the dealer offered to process B&W in C41 which works with some B&W films. At times were Kodachrome was popular there were plenty of labs available and the quality was acceptable!

Slide film is dead!

Best Theodor

James,

I don´t know where to get Kodachrome nor do I now where to get it processed. Recently I asked for B&W and the dealer offered to process B&W in C41 which works with some B&W films. At times were Kodachrome was popular there were plenty of labs available and the quality was acceptable!

Slide film is dead!

Best Theodor

Slide film is far from dead, I have some in my freezer and I just ordered a few more rolls.

Processing B&W in C41 chemistry will ruin it, the bleach will leave with nothing but a blank film. However, you can process colour print film in B&W chemicals, it gives a dense, but usable negative.

James,

Slide film is dead!

Color slide film is far from dead. C41 processes a lot of negative films. The B&W is a special B&W film processed in C-41. Lots of latitude. Kodachrome has been gone for many years. The quality was usually outstanding.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Color slide film is far from dead. C41 processes a lot of negative films. The B&W is a special B&W film processed in C-41. Lots of latitude. Kodachrome has been gone for many years. The quality was usually outstanding.

Pico is correct, Kodak BW400CN is a black and white film designed to process in C41 chemicals. Never try to process regular B&W film in C41 though.

• Like 1