Is an A La Carte M246 possible?

tthorne

• 3 weeks later...

And I a silver chrome one, but alas that was limited to a special edition, so not likely to be released for the general public.  I have also inquired about getting the Sapphire screen and green leather of the M240 a-la-carte program for my M240, no luck there either.  I know they have accommodated special requests in the past, but you have to be on someone's list, offer a lot of money, or meet some other criteria I have not determined.

In the mean time, I think I'll go shoot some pictures.

Eric

It could have been a simply confusion but when I did the paid upgrade (side grade really) from my MM to the new MMv2 I was asked by the friendly people of Wetzlar if I wanted a silver chrome or a black new MMv2.

This might therefore be an option.

I would simply ask nicely directly someone in the Wetzlar CS department and see what is available as an option.

Did you go for Silver Chrome?

Of course not. a camera has to be black and the black chrome model my old MM was and the new MM is is the closest compromise, just acceptable enough to a proper black paint on brass version (which Leica should have made the MM from day one to begin with).

• Like 1