An Italian "Leica-artist"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One of my Italian friends, Alberico Arces, was a true Leica lover and connoisseur, an artist and an exceptional mechanic. He never made a "fake", but produced tens of superb reproductions, mainly of Ur-Leica and Nullseries. All duly and clearly numbered with an "R" for "reproduction", and delivered with certificate in splendid cardboard boxes similar to "Leica" ones.

I had samples of probably all his "products" in my Fontenelle Collection, and took a great pleasure in re-discovering their illustrations in my files.

Here are a few ones :

- both versions of the Nullserie, with tube and folding viewfinder, with boxes;

- an Ur-Leica replica "brassed" like the original one, and the same's back;

- the Ur replica with its box and certificate;

- the various pieces of a Nullserie replica

- and finally, one of the Ur-Leica replicas' certificate.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

1913 - UR LEICA

This model faithfully reproduces in the essential design the first prototype of the photographic apparatus suitable for 35 mm cine film designed and built by the technician of the LEITZ Factory Oscar Barnak in 1913. Each piece is handcrafted built and numbered and it's part of a serie of "REPLICAS" of the original camera kept in Leica Museum in Wetzlar. With this modest work I wanted to historically remember the origins of Leica.

• Like 2

1913 - UR LEICA

This model faithfully reproduces in the essential design the first prototype of the photographic apparatus suitable for 35 mm cine film designed and built by the technician of the LEITZ Factory Oscar Barnak in 1913. Each piece is handcrafted built and numbered and it's part of a serie of "REPLICAS" of the original camera kept in Leica Museum in Wetzlar. With this modest work I wanted to historically remember the origins of Leica.

Many thanks for this excellent translation, lleo ! I am sure many of our Leica-friends will appreciate.

Many thanks to you for all you post in here. I'm always learning something more.

OT: did you have my pm? Also, I don't have you in the friend list :huh:

Even though I'm still understanding how this forum works.

Many thanks to you for all you post in here. I'm always learning something more.

OT: did you have my pm? Also, I don't have you in the friend list :huh:

Even though I'm still understanding how this forum works.

Very simple : you click on my photo on any thread to access my personal site. There, you'll on the first line, immediately to the right. 3 "proposals" . Add me as a friend - Send me a message - Find content.

Just click on the first proposal (it is precisely what I did this morning on your site!)