Zoom factor M240

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Leica fans,

I recently purchased a second hand Leica M240 which fits nice to the M6. No idea why people buy something and sell it 6 months later. The camera is in a new condition and he only took about 1200 holiday pictures.

Anyway good for me since the price was 2500 euro less than new.

Anyway let's get to my question:

What is not clear from the manual is what is zoomfactor when I zoom into a picture on the camera by rotating the wheel on the back.

Is the maximum zoom level 100% or more?

Thanks for some feedback.

Andre Hilkens

Andre Hilkens / 500px

https://www.facebook.com/andrehilkens

The maximum magnification factor on the screen of the Leica M (Typ 240) (and M8, M9, M-E, MM etc) is 100% as where 1 pixel of the photo is 1 pixel on the screen.

I would add that the maximum magnification factor on the LCD does not give anything like a true representation of the image quality when viewed at 100% on a monitor.

• Like 3

I would add that the maximum magnification factor on the LCD does not give anything like a true representation of the image quality when viewed at 100% on a monitor.

Sure.

F ex text on a distant board is blurred on the LCD at full resolution, whereas it comes up readable in LR at least after some sharpening. Thus resolution cannot be judged on the LCD.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Quote from M240 manual...

"Enlargement is possible up to 1:1, i.e. until 1 pixel of the monitor displays 1 pixel of the picture"

The maximum magnification factor on the screen of the Leica M (Typ 240) (and M8, M9, M-E, MM etc) is 100% as where 1 pixel of the photo is 1 pixel on the screen.

Thanks Dave, but then the question is why does the fully maginified image not look sharp when viewed on the camera's rear screen? It never looks sharp at full magnification. Yet in Lightroom for example, 1:1 zoom will show the same area as being sharp.

• Like 1