Message from Maike Harberts, Product Manager Leica T

• 2 weeks later...

Firmware Update soon?

I certainly hope so. The biggest issue is SLOW. The switch over from LCD to EVF. Power up time (I have to keep half pressing the shutter to keep the camera ready. The time it takes before it is ready for the next shot.

I know Leica wants to do the job and do it right. However, if there's no solution within a month or two, I may have no choice but to bail out.

• Like 1

I'm not a 'nay-sayer'....... I love my Leicas!!

But the frustration I'm experiencing with the T, is starting to get to me. I'm really hoping - like a majority of T owners - that Leica will announce a FW update ASAP, primarily addressing the EVF lag issue, the AF in low light and the overall operational speed of the camera.

Please Leica, just don't hear us out. Let's see it happen, and soon!

Please make the 'T' we bought the 'T' we thought it would be!!

• Like 2

Considering the interest that this camera generated on here in the weeks prior to launch it's starting to come across as something as a disappointment for quite a few. Perhaps it was launched in a hurry with not long enough in the testing, as these obvious flaws would have been rectified. Too much hand polishing on something that isn't quite ready yet ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest badbob

I'm experiencing an interesting irony with my T/18-56: While initially I thought it would operate like an iPad or iPod, I realize now that I have to pay attention to the camera as well as the subject, just like I did with the M cameras. Which BTW isn't a bad thing, for me at least.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Considering the interest that this camera generated on here in the weeks prior to launch it's starting to come across as something as a disappointment for quite a few. Perhaps it was launched in a hurry with not long enough in the testing, as these obvious flaws would have been rectified. Too much hand polishing on something that isn't quite ready yet ?

This is quite unfortunate really, as besides the EVF issues and the low light focussing, the T is a lovely little camera with a superb supporting lens system (if the 18-56 is anything to go by)!!

I do feel that these two issues need to be addressed urgently, and on a post-haste basis or else Leica is going to lose potential customers!

Dear all,

for all of you discussing about features of the Leica T and its firmware, here a short message from Maike Harberts, Product Manager Leica T:

Finally a word from Leica. I trust them and I hope the update for the T model. Thanks Leica,

Firmware Update soon?

I certainly hope so. The biggest issue is SLOW. The switch over from LCD to EVF. Power up time (I have to keep half pressing the shutter to keep the camera ready. The time it takes before it is ready for the next shot.

I know Leica wants to do the job and do it right. However, if there's no solution within a month or two, I may have no choice but to bail out.

I think the same. But there are people in this forum that apparently the T works for them great .

Guest badbob
I think the same. But there are people in this forum that apparently the T works for them great .

Realizing in advance that it would be very tedious, still, if you were to look through the forum comments about the X Vario when it was released, you would think that Leica was doomed by association with that camera. Instead they've come up with a newer version with an interchangeable lens - the T (typ 701), and the images are all that really matters, since nobody who is performance-oriented is choosing these Leica cameras anyway.

• Like 1