Message from Maike Harberts, Product Manager Leica T

It is most encouraging to receive feedback from the product manager. I wonder if it will be extended to the cameras in the X-range? Surely this is not a forgotten sector.

Wel,, in any range. This kind of openness is highly appreciated by most customers, if not all.

• Like 3

Wel,, in any range. This kind of openness is highly appreciated by most customers, if not all.

Couldn't agree more.

When an electronic tool doesn't do what you want, or behaves unexpectedly, at first you wonder what you've done wrong, then try to see if you can make it work the way intended by the designer. With this camera, I'm not really stressing about what it does and what it doesn't do - I'm trying to understand it, and to get better images from it (time permitting).

I'm very pleased that others here are spending time to identify quirks that need ironing out, and that Leica is listening (at least, they say they're listening, which is as much as we can ask for). That gives me comfort, and hope that the camera will be even better after the next firmware upgrade.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

This may be slightly off-topic, but I'd like to suggest something. While the T body, for me, is the embodiment of everything that I dislike in terms of form and operation, the X series is nearly perfect. If Leica were to produce an X body with the interchangeable T mount system, I'd buy into it in a heart beat. Keep the traditional Leica design, and simple, dedicated manual controls of the X. Add the AF T mount. Call it an X-T or a T-X. Would give your customers a choice of interface and style, would probably be a very inexpensive engineering and design process, and would expand the market for the T series considerably. As a faithful Leica R owner and user since 1985, this would make me profoundly happy.

• Like 6

I'm not sure if the T is for me (I really like the M interface) but a big thank you to Maike for listening and commenting here. Paying attention to customers is what really sets the manufacturers of quality handmade products apart. Long may it continue!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if the T is for me (I really like the M interface) but a big thank you to Maike for listening and commenting here. Paying attention to customers is what really sets the manufacturers of quality handmade products apart. Long may it continue!

I'm in nearly the same position - not sure if the T is for me but with a few tweaks it could be (speed booster, dedicated R adapter, minor firmware changes that have already been suggested). Listening and responding to customers is one of the big reasons I've stuck with Leica (Carmen at Leica USA too). Thank you Maike!

• Like 1

This may be slightly off-topic, but I'd like to suggest something. While the T body, for me, is the embodiment of everything that I dislike in terms of form and operation, the X series is nearly perfect. If Leica were to produce an X body with the interchangeable T mount system, I'd buy into it in a heart beat. Keep the traditional Leica design, and simple, dedicated manual controls of the X. Add the AF T mount. Call it an X-T or a T-X. Would give your customers a choice of interface and style, would probably be a very inexpensive engineering and design process, and would expand the market for the T series considerably. As a faithful Leica R owner and user since 1985, this would make me profoundly happy.

Hi There John

I quite understand what you're saying, although I don't think it's likely to be an inexpensive engineering and design exercise as the firmware is completely different and of course the X firmware doesn't support interchangeable lenses.

However - I really do subscribe to the idea, but having used both cameras together for some time now, there are things I really like about the T which would be sad to lose:

1. the integrated one piece body

2. the rear screen touch interface for menus, viewing etc.

3. the quality of buttons and fittings etc.

What I think would be nice is a one piece body - the shape of an X-vario body, and with Aperture and shutter speed dials on the top plate and a thumb dial on the back. . . but using the wide screen touch interface for selecting other menu options rather than the buttons on the back of the X.

That way you have the best of both worlds.

....... and I'd like IBIS (in body image stabilisation).

all the best

• Like 8

Thank you Leica and thank you members of this forum, I have learned so much from you.

My T shipped today and reading this forum helps me to understand the quirks of this camera when it arrives. And I am so impressed with Ms Harberts attention to this forum.

Claudia

• Like 1

Maike. Thank you for expressing your desire to keep in touch with us users. I've just returned to the Leica world after a couple of years absence. Some feedback on the T.

LCD / VisoFlex selection. To be able to choose which one to keep on most of the time. The VisoFlex with the eye sensor is too slow to switch over. It would be nice to be able to choose which display to use for times where we don't want to wait for the VisoFlex to kick in.

T-Snap/T-Flip/Leather half case. Make some sort of provision to allow us access to the battery and SD Card without having to take the case off the camera.

It's only day 2 of my new Black T but so much of the essence of my older M's seem there.... solid build and wonderful lenses and the whole "feel" is still there. I do miss the rangefinder experience - but then again, there is a new M in my future too.

Since there is room for an icon on the right side where one selects INFO, etc., why not add a playback button/ > instead of the swipe motion for playback? It would be more natural and quicker as the camera doesn't have to try and figure out what the gesture is trying to accomplish. Additionally, it doesn't mess with touch focus selection or create a big finger smear on the LCD.