M9 shutter taking 5 seconds to comlete it's click!

shootinglulu

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just wanted to add that I, too, have problems with my M9 since upgrading. Before, it was like 1 in a 1000 shots that had the problem. With the new firmware, it's about 1 in 30 shots.

I just lost several good pictures just because the camera suddenly acted up. There it was, in front of me, a spectacular image. I pressed the shutter again and again and nothing happened. 5 seconds later, the camera finally decided that it would stop acting stupid, but that great image, it was already long gone. This would never have happened with a analog Leica. Nor would it probably ever happen with any other digital camera. Any professional photographer would probably have brought such a camera back to the shop this very instant. This is very unsatisfactory.

"The decisive moment" my ass.

I hope that many more people report their problem here in this forum to put some pressure on Leica.

Edited by Tritz
  • Like 2

Just have the thing repaired. Only a few cameras do this, it is clearly an individual fault.

So you're saying it's a combination of firmware and a faulty camera that causes this?

So you're saying it's a combination of firmware and a faulty camera that causes this?

I think he would have posted that if that's what he meant. He didn't. ;)

I've got a new M-E with the latest firmware, 1.196, and have not experienced the problem reported. Does it appear out of nowhere, or am I good to go?

Well, thanks to Herman, who sent me the earlier firmware version (1.175), but when I tried it in my M9-P, I got a message saying that "this is the worng software for this camera", so I'm stuck on 1.196.

I always thought that M9 & M9-P were the same firmware?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, i got my used M9 with the same problem. can someone tell me where to download the 1.176fw and how to downgrade the fw. TQ

By the way, my email is chongrobert (at) ymail.com. very appreciated if someone can send me the fw.

Edited by pop
Please do not place eMail addresses in threads.

Same here, two camera's the same problem. Surely this looks like a firmware problem ( or am I this "lucky" ? ) :-)

If it's possible, I'd like to recieve the previous version as well.

veluart(at)gmail.com

Thank you

Rgds

Velu

• 2 weeks later...
Same here, two camera's the same problem. Surely this looks like a firmware problem ( or am I this "lucky" ? ) :-)

If it's possible, I'd like to recieve the previous version as well.

veluart(at)gmail.com

Thank you

Rgds

Velu

Any chance to get a hold on the previous version ?

Thank you

Velu

• 1 month later...