New Firmware 1.092 thoughts/ Read instructions

Guest guy_mancuso

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well i wanted to start this in one place that can be used to send to leica for evaluation. 1.092 is out and i would like to see this forum update this thread on what they like and don't like and of course any known problems that they may come across. The reason for this is as they make there way to 1.10 firmware there maybe incremental adjustments to the firmware and as a forum we can help guide Leica in working on it at a faster pace if we keep everything nice and tidy in a location that can be sent to them.

So i ask the forums positive attitude to helping us the end users and also for Leica's beneifit in helping them stay on track with there ongoing work towards 1.10

Now maybe if you see a issue is to use the thumbs down for a found problem and the thumbs up for a issue you found that you like and lets use a the question mark for additional functions. This will help understanding the data quicker

I Thank You all in advance of your partcipation of this thread

Guy

Suggestion this maybe a good sticky

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i wanted to start this in one place that can be used to send to leica for evaluation. 1.092 is out and i would like to see this forum update this thread on what they like and don't like and of course any known problems that they may come across. The reason for this is as they make there way to 1.10 firmware there maybe incremental adjustments to the firmware and as a forum we can help guide Leica in working on it at a faster pace if we keep everything nice and tidy in a location that can be sent to them.

So i ask the forums positive attitude to helping us the end users and also for Leica's beneifit in helping them stay on track with there ongoing work towards 1.10

Now maybe if you see a issue is to use the thumbs down for a found problem and the thumbs up for a issue you found that you like and lets use a the question mark for additional functions. This will help understanding the data quicker

I Thank You all in advance of your partcipation of this thread

Guy

Suggestion this maybe a good sticky

Great Idea Guy: I'll do some experimenting and report back. First impression is that the 'new' shutter noise is there, the question being, if it's a moment of evaluation for Cyan or something like that, does it increase shutter lag?

Also first impression is that AWB is still creative BUT I'll try it in tungsten and dusk this evening and let you know.

Best

Tim

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mark interesting Edmund called me about that and said the noise settled down onhis camera but that is certainly worth asking a question about. I honestly have not noticed it but that is me

1. Let the camera go to sleep, take a picture to wake it from sleep mode, the title bar over the review image still says 0/0.

2. The legend for the display time/histogram may now say "hold/Histogram" but why not "Hold/Histogram" or, if space is tight, "Hold/histogram"?

3. Was in the menu and it started scrolling repeatedly downwards without any input from me.

I have two side by side, one 1.09 and one 1.092 and one may by listening carefully discern a slightly more emphatic first click followed by a very slightly shorter winding sound. Listening seperately I would be hard put to distinguish the two. If your camera produces a clunk that imo indicates some shutter problem.

Interstingly, when I uploaded the 1.092 version, the camera checked the battery and told me the battery was too low. With a fuly charged battery it uploaded fine.

I still have to hit the shutter after turning the camera on becore it wakes up. Others posted about 1.091 that this wasn't true for them.

I wonder if there are two different models of the body out there.

Mark interesting Edmund called me about that and said the noise settled down onhis camera but that is certainly worth asking a question about. I honestly have not noticed it but that is me

I did notice a different noise pattern. It's not "louder", it's just different, right after pressing the shutter release, almost like a "clunk"...but it went away. ???

Aren't we an obsessive bunch? ;)

Does anybody know where we could get a copy of the document which outlines what the improvements are with this new firmware version?

Guest guy_mancuso

Here is a PDF

The following technical features are optimized by the firmware version 1.092:

In Review mode the bar above the image is black and now includes displays for the

shutter and ISO speeds as well as the image number.

The clipping function is now accessible directly in Auto Review mode, i.e. without

having to press the INFO button first.

The color rendition with Adobe Camera Raw was improved.

If Auto Review and Histogram are both selected in the menu, this is now indicated as

„Hold/Histogr.“.

The word „disabled“ has been replaced by „off“

Numerous internal procedures were improved and so-called bug-fixes implemented

Instruction M8 Firmware Update 1092_en.pdf

Does anybody know where we could get a copy of the document which outlines what the improvements are with this new firmware version?

Nevermind. Found it; link right above on the same page.

BTW, yes, I had the "battery too low..." message too.

Interstingly, when I uploaded the 1.092 version, the camera checked the battery and told me the battery was too low. With a fuly charged battery it uploaded fine.

I still have to hit the shutter after turning the camera on becore it wakes up. Others posted about 1.091 that this wasn't true for them.

I wonder if there are two different models of the body out there.

My cameras wake up on switching on without touching any button. It has been that way ever since I had them, also in 1.06 and 1.09.:confused: :confused:

Problem with the reference pixels being corrupted by a bright light at the image border has not been fixed. They read my suggestion in pristine German and binned it. :mad:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well, I didn't muck with the last update, but I decided to try out this latest one for some of the fixes.

The upgrade worked fine, but sadly it looks like one of thier fixes was removing the abilty to see the preview in B/W. In the original firmware on my camera, if you set jpeg and then chose B/W, then switched back to DNG, it would continue to show the images in b/w during preview (at least for a few seconds). Now that has been fixed and I have to look at everything in color. Ugh. I don't want to see the images in color, i want to see them in B/W as that is all I normally deal with.

I hope that they will allow us to see B/W previews in the next rev of the firmware as this was a nice feature for those of us hopelessly focusing on tones rather than the brutality of color <grin>

... The upgrade worked fine, but sadly it looks like one of thier fixes was removing the abilty to see the preview in B/W. In the original firmware on my camera, if you set jpeg and then chose B/W, then switched back to DNG, it would continue to show the images in b/w during preview (at least for a few seconds). Now that has been fixed and I have to look at everything in color. Ugh. I don't want to see the images in color, i want to see them in B/W as that is all I normally deal with.

I would have expected that in order to see b/w in the review that you would have to set the M8 to dng + jpg.

(now posted here instead of the other thread)

Good idea Guy.

Just loaded 1.092 in my camera and will test it the next couple of days.

I heard the extra clunk when the shutter is released is back, but I read somewhere that it's intentional. So no more worries about my shutter breaking down.

Hans