"sell" a copy of Lightroom?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

not sure where to ask this, but i am considering buying a Leica D-Lux 5 which i understand comes with a copy of Adobe's Lightroom software (or is it a valid serial number to download LR?!?!)

i already own LR and don't need 2 licensed copies.... is it possible to "sell" the new copy that comes bundled with the Leica D-Lux 5? if this is illegal or frowned upon, then i won't pursue it, but obviously if i could "sell" it... then that could reduce the investment for such a great camera!

thanks for any input and thoughts....

Sure you can sell one of your licenses. It is neither illegal nor frowned upon.

Yup, I just figured it out from Adobe's website. Thanks!!!!

---------------------------------------

License transfer policy

Adobe allows individuals or businesses to transfer an Adobe product license to another individual or business following the sale or donation of the license.

If you transfer a license for a product suite, then the license applies to the entire suite of products. Individual products within a product suite are not eligible for a transfer of license.

Educational versions of Adobe products are not eligible for a transfer of license. Educational versions of Macromedia-branded products, however, can be transferred to a new owner.

The transfer of a license includes all versions of that product. If you sell or donate your registered copy of an Adobe product license, then you transfer your rights to all versions of that license as well.

Adobe limits an individual to a maximum of four license transfers in a lifetime.

Support contracts that are attached to a license do not transfer to the new licensee. Support contracts are legally nontransferable as specified in the terms and conditions of the contract.

Adobe does not permit transfers for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) versions of software.