'59 Vette

ddp

Very nice (maybe a little more depth of field?)

Yours?

Agreed; just because you have a lens which can throw everything out of focus, it does not mean that you have to! I have been amazed recently by Nocti shots, in another section, which have been stopped down and have been razor sharp; rather than the usual 2smear Vaseline on your eyeball" offerings. Superb composition, lovely colours.

I will agree that it's a valid criticism regarding the DOF here, it's something in private discussions I have been having - specifically towards the car detail shots. In some cases, I use it to isolate other objects in close quarters (especially in parking lots) that would otherwise lose a bit of their punch had I stopped down. In this case, another stop wouldn't have made that much of a difference I suspect and would likely have increased the necessary sharpness in different details.

The Noctilux is certainly more than a one trick pony...many simply get frustrated by it and give up. There is far more to it than meets the eye. On the M8, it gets a bit tougher for this type of work of course.